Academic disciplines are offered through following structural units:
11 faculties (departments):
- Foreign Languages (English, German, French)
- Law / Jurisprudence
- Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Lighting Technology
- Academic Skills College
- National (Mordvin) Culture
- Physics and Chemistry Institute
- History and Sociology Institute
- Mechanics and Power Engineering Institute
- Agrarian Institute
- Machine Building Institute (Ruzayevka campus )
- Institute for Supplementary Training and Qualification Improvement with a range of related faculties within the Inter-branch Regional Centre for Supplementary Training
In addition, University divisions in other towns of Mordovia provide for educating facilities in Economics and Law Studies.
Courses availability: the courses are available in the form of internal education (5 years), evening (part-time) curriculum, and correspondence education (6 years). Medical faculty offers 6 and 7-year programmes of study respectively
Prospective students can now choose from 33 Bachelor (4 years) and 6 Master (2 years) programmes of study.
Total student body counts approximately 35000 students (all forms of study), including international students from 20 countries.
The average number of students in a class is 10-15.
Staff: Around 80 per cent of the faculty possesses various academic degrees and extensive faculty fellow experience.